ElectriciansBoards.co.uk uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

UKPN Changes To Network Standards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lenny

Lenny

EB Staff.

• Administrators
  • 3,570 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
  • Skill Areas:Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural, Control & Automation, Machinery, Inspection & Testing
  • Training:Completed Apprenticeship, Fully Qualified
  • Professional Registrations:Eng-Tech, MIET

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

ECA Newsletter - 16/01/13

In response to changes to the Gas and Electricity (Internal Markets) 2011 Regulations, UK Power Networks is introducing a new standard for multi-occupancy buildings and a new standard for the connection of new services above 100A.

These new standards will be effective across all three of their Distribution Network Operator (DNO) Regions; the Eastern Power Network, the London Power Network and the South Eastern Power Network.
These standards were due to be introduced on 1 January 2013 but this date has proven challenging to all parts of the industry. As a result, UK Power Networks is delaying their introduction until 1 June 2013.
The Standards, EDS 08-0118 Supplies to Multi-Occupied Buildings and EDS 08-0143 Customer LV Supplies Above 100A, will remain available on UK Power Networks' "Technical Information for ICPs and IDNOs" to allow all their industry partners an opportunity to review the upcoming changes in advance of the introductory period.

However, all new customer connection quotes issued before 1 June 2013 will be based on the current and existing practices of the Eastern, South Eastern and London Power Networks.
In development since early 2008, the new multi-occupancy buildings standard will mean that UK Power Networks will no longer install or maintain any new rising and lateral sub-main cabling networks within a building. The PME earthing will only extend as far as the service intake cut-out and with provision for metering of the individual properties within the building. This will impact many new build or renovation projects of flats, office buildings, shopping centres and any multi-use buildings sharing a common intake service.
In future, the responsibility for the design, installation and maintenance of new rising and lateral sub-main cabling networks within buildings will rest with the building landlord or building owner's nominated Building Network Operator (BNO).

For new service connections above 100A there will be the introduction of Air Circuit Breakers (ACBs) across the three regions. UK Power Networks will provide clear information on the requirements of the intake location or switch room size.
Both standards are available on the UK Power Networks G81 "Technical Information for ICPs and IDNOs" page on their website.

#2 OFFLINE   Tony Re: UKPN Changes To Network Standards

Tony

EB Staff.

• Global Moderators
  • 5,479 posts
  • LocationUnder the Major Oak
  • Skill Areas:Industrial, Control & Automation, Machinery, Hazardous Area, Teaching
  • Professional Registrations:MIET

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the link. The MV stuff should keep me quiet for a while. Didn't know they are fitting harmonic monitors now.

I’m guilty! Whatever it was, I did it!
I really must start taking my anti-paranoia pills.

Please support the Fatally Flawed campaign.

You will take your knowledge to the grave, in the meantime give it freely.

#3 OFFLINE   Lenny Re: UKPN Changes To Network Standards

Lenny

EB Staff.

• Administrators
  • 3,570 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
  • Skill Areas:Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural, Control & Automation, Machinery, Inspection & Testing
  • Professional Registrations:Eng-Tech, MIET

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, some of those PDF's are really interesting.